Most Common BMW Electrical Problems
BMW models are extremely intricate and have a ton of different systems working on electrical current. With the increase in electrical powered parts, the possibility of an electrical problem increases, and this is why we see many BMWs come into our shop needing electrical repair. Luckily, our professionals are highly experienced technicians who understand the common issues that can occur with BMW electrical systems.
Here are some of the most common BMW electrical issues:
• A blown fuse anywhere in your car can cause failure of a certain electrical component.
• Faulty wiring can also affect an electrical component and cause failure.
• A dead battery can be the cause of electrical failure, especially if you are having trouble starting your car. A steering wheel lock warning light can also be an indication of a dead or dying battery.
• A faulty alternator is also a common electrical issue. The alternator is what recycles energy to charge your battery while your car is actually moving. Problems that can indicate an alternator issue include dim interior lights, failing power windows, and a radio that isn’t working.
• A problem with the windshield wiper regulators.
• Problems with the CCC iDrive system, which can include the system constantly rebooting on itself.
• A cooling fan that doesn’t stop running, which is caused by an electrical fault.
The good news is - if you’re experiencing any of these problems, you don’t have to go to the dealership to get it fixed. Our mechanics here at Milestone Motors are factory trained and experienced, so we offer the same level of service at much more affordable costs.
If you’re experiencing any issues and think you need BMW electrical repair in Royal Palm Beach FL, bring your car into the professionals here at Milestone Motors today. We will diagnose the electrical issue quickly and provide you with information regarding the repairs needed to restore your vehicle back to top working condition.
Give us a call or use our online appointment form to schedule your next visit to our shop today!